Sunday, January 10, 2010

IEA Show & Birthday

Hey Everybody!

Well, I'll start with the IEA Show. My mom and I woke up Saturday morning at 5 and left to go to Daniell and Taylors house to leave for Camden where the IEA Show was being held! They started the morning off with flat classes first. The horse I was drawn was named Nero. He was a 17hh warmblood/TB bay. He was really nice, he framed up and had a great stride and fluid movement. I placed 2nd on him out of 8 riders! Note: This is all equitation. We brought 4 horses from home also. My draw for over fences was Moose. He was one of our horses and I got lucky because i've ridden him before:) The Jumping was at the end of the day so I had quite a wait. It was absolutely FREEZING!!!! So its my turn and I get on him and head into the ring. He's a little fast but nothing I couldnt handle. I ended up placing 1st out of 9 riders!!!

It was a great day! It was also my 15th birthday!!! Coach Alicia bought me a HUGE cake and they all sang happy birthday. It was really cool. My mom also called the tack shop in Camden because it is HUGE!!! They close at 5 and we were still at the show but the lady said she would stay open for us:D We drove to the tack shop and it was absolutely amazing! They sold brands that you usually cant get in a store like expensive jumping boots etc. I ended up buying a Sleezy (I've always wanted one), and I bought a gallon of Shur Hoof for only 30$ which is pretty cheap, I also bought Bigeloil (kinda like a liniment), and Cowboy Magic Body Shine (which is THE best body shine spray!).

All in all it was a FANTASTIC day! The Highschool team won the whole show yet again:D and the middle school team got 2nd! Danielle did great and got 3rd in her flat class and Taylor got 6th on a horrible horse! They both did great though:D This coming up weekend I'm headed to Statesboro, GA for another IEA show! Then after that weekend its a home show!

No comments:

Post a Comment