Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moving On

Hello Everybody,

I havent written about Badger lately in much detail. This is what's been going on with him and I. About a month and a half ago we were consistantly jumping 3ft-3'3 courses. Then on the flat he started to buck at the canter. We thought it was his back because he's so long. Its not his back though. Its his hocks. We talked to the vet and we purchased some Adequan which is NOT a hock injection. It is a shot that goes in the muscle and helps inflammation in the muscles which for Badger is his hocks. We came to the conclusion that he would not be able to jump over 2'9 now without getting sore. We're not going to push him. My time with Badger has lasted 2 years come December. It is time to move on and get a horse that suits my level of riding. Badger is now being leased by a great lady named Stacy! She just adores him and it seems like he really likes her! He lets her do things that he wouldnt let anybody else do. She is leasing to buy!! Were so excited for her and Badger. She is going to keep boarding him at J&B too! I'm going to start giving her lessons to teach her his little quirks and all that fun stuff! So that's whats been going on with me and Badger! We couldnt of asked for a better horse or a better person to buy him! <3 Sara

3 comments:

  1. Srah,
    I'm so impressed at how grown up your attitude is about sweet Badger and his needs and idiosynchracies. You are so sweet to want him to have a loving rider and a sweet caring owner as it seems Stacy is. I hope they are great partners. I sure do hope your hunt for the perfect jumper comes as a complete dream come true for you!
    Much love to you and to Badger.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't spell you name right .... SARAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Aunt Cheri! I really appreciate it, hahah its okay about the name! I'll put updates about the search as soon as I can. Were waiting until winter to actually look.

    ReplyDelete